Indiana Hands & Voices Participation
We now offer an annual online subscription for participating with the Indiana Hands & Voices chapter. Please use the following link to process your subscription:
If you prefer manual registration or payment by check, you may use the following link to access the Indiana Hands & Voices participation form. It can be viewed and printed using Adobe Acrobat.
Great Chairperson and Board Members Wanted
Indiana Hands & Voices is looking for parents and/or professionals who would be interested in contributing their time and talent to our board.
Our Mission:Indiana Hands & Voices is dedicated to supporting families with children who are Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing without bias around communication opportunities, modes, or methodology. We're a parent-driven and parent led non-profit organization providing families with the resources, networks, and information they need to improve communication access and educational/social outcomes for their children. Our outreach activities, parent/professional collaboration, and advocacy efforts are focused on empowering Deaf and Hard-of-hearing children to reach their highest potential.
Our board function and purpose:
- To provide oversight and inspiration to the organizations' activities and operations.
- To ensure that the organization is responsive to the perspectives and views of the membership.
- To give directions to the organization's short and long term planning efforts.
- To provide public awareness about the organization and its mission.
- To engender collaborative connections between other advocacy and support organizations, public and private agencies, and other state Hands & Voices chapters, in order to influence systems' change.
- To ensure that all goals and activities of the organization are based upon the philosophy of unbiased methodology or approach.
- To actively support the organization through direct financial contribution and/or voluntary in-kind service.
- To assist in the ongoing recruitment of potential individuals and/or service sectors to serve on the board.
- To recruit, screen and potentially hire Executive Director of the organization.
- To give guidance and approval to the organization's budget.
- The board may create committees as needed. The board of directors must approve the committee Chairperson.
Board Member Responsibilities:
- To attend all bi-monthly board meetings and to contribute input ot goals and activities of the organization.
- To chair and/or participate on the committees to help us meet our annual organizational goals.
How to Apply:Please send the Board Member Application to the address listed at the bottom of this page. Contact us through the email listed below with any questions. We encourage parents and professionals from all areas of the state of Indiana to apply.
Indiana Hands & Voices depends on the continuing support of parents and professionals and we value your input to this organization. Please consider this great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of deaf and hard-of-hearing children and their families in Indiana.
I was devastated when I learned about my son’s hearing loss. Thanks to Indiana Hands & Voices I know it is going to be ok!